Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Aritificial blood

Hello good afternoon Br **..

Yeah I was supposed to wait your sending a reply for my first email. So sorry too.

>this decision was made by a group of older men

That's right, but that does not necessarily mean in 21c all Christians ought to follow.
Refrain from blood was commanded because still in early century blood was sometimes on the table. ( I read this description from 'Apologeticus' written by Tertullian (ca.155–230) or even if it were not on the table animal blood was used in idol worship. From such various point of view I guess blood needed to be kept away from Christian's mouth.

When we think about the meaning of command we must consider its background, context,etc. For example because Mose's law was repealed by the death of Jesus today's Christians no more try to follow Mosaic law. I guess old congregation leaders as St James couldn't realise the real meaning of the death of Jesus and said so just to ease the tension between Gentile and Jewish congregations. For example Jews don't baptise while Jesus did so though, let alone they must have thought they are different from Gentiles in treatment of blood.

Blood prohibition was appears three times in Bible. One is in Genesis and this command was given to Noah, and second was in Leviticus given to Israelites. the third one was in Acts. So many agree Old Covenant was replaced by New Covenant. Some say command given to Noah was not nullified by New Covenant so command given to Noah is still in effect.

Is that so? I'm afraid not. Jesus is greater than Moses, let alone than Adam, Noah. Since Jesus existed before the first man, I think we ought to put maximum significance on the Advent of Jesus in if we were Christians and that's the meaning of I though the Redemption.


I'm glad you take fractions of red, white blood cell, platelets, plasma, but are you originally doing so? or sometime after you decided not to accept blood transfusion you decided to accept such products derived from blood? Not sure.

Suppose you were banned to take milk instead. Do you insist powdered milk, condensed milk, milk candy, soft cream are OK since they are not milk but a product derived from milk? So if someone take red, while blood cell, platelets, plasma at the same time is it OK?


But aside from all what I wrote here, whether you take blood or not belongs to conscience of each individual Christians. In Acts we read Refrain from blood, whether it includes merely evading to use animal blood for sacrifice or too far to include blood related medicines as immunoglobulin, or blood transfusion in operation. It's up to us not up to other's decision. I merely believe if some Christians accepted blood transfusion you cannot blame they are a violator. I think so.


So my question this time is do you use artificial blood in need if it were invented some day in future?

Yes, I am now in :: and attending the meeting regularly as of 11th of April. I wish you were here, but let's resume Bible study on line! I appreciate your advice.

At second world war you refused to go to war and put into camps in Germany. It was very meaningful because war in general is against humanity, conscience of Christians. But how about the refusal of blood transfusion! That benefits who?

I say to myself.. This feeling is from my personal experience. He's dead in hope of resurrection. Probably resurrection will take place in millions of years in future time. But till then who cares?

See you in next email.

With Christian sincerity
Mer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home